Memorial Day weekend is right around the corner which means the start of sangria season! This bubbly, boozy libation is a favorite for summer outdoor parties, picnics and gatherings. While delicious food is always a requirement, it’s not quite a rocking Memorial Day weekend shindig without tasty beverages to enjoy on the side. And since no one wants to play bartender all afternoon long, why not have something you can put together in advance? White sangria is always a popular adults-only treat and is incredibly easy to make with just a few simple ingredients. All you need to put one together is your favorite bottle of white wine, lemon-lime soda for the extra bubbles and sweet, summery fruits such as berries and stone fruit. This one is based on the 2012 Schramsberg Blanc de Blancs, one of our most popular options from our wine selection. The result is an irresistibly easy refreshment that is sure to get the party started in style. Enjoy it alongside Grilled Hawaiian Chicken, Potato Cucumber Dill Salad, Fruit Crumble and other tasty Memorial Day picnic recipes.
A timeless choice for sparkling wine, the Schramsberg Blanc de Blancs was America’s first commercially produced Chardonnay-based brut wine. The 2010 release is vibrant, fruity and crisp and boasts fresh aromas of green apple, pineapple and grapefruit. This wonderful wine pairs beautifully with seafood appetizers and hard cheeses, making it a festive option for enjoying at a formal dinner or any cocktail party.
“The 2012 Blanc de Blancs open with fresh aromas of green apple, juicy pineapple and ripe grapefruit. The fruitful nose is complemented by developed nuances of fresh baked brioche and lemon tart. Bright flavors of grapefruit, lime and pineapple, are accented by a slight minerality on the finish. The plate is crisp on entry, with a long, tangy and refreshing acidity.”
– Tasting Notes from Winemakers Keith Hock and Hugh Davies
White Wine Sangria
Yields: 8 servings
- 1 bottle of the 2012 Schramsberg Blanc de Blancs
- 1 can of lemon-lime soda
- 1 cup of raspberries
- 2 medium peaches, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 bunch of fresh mint leaves
- Ice cubes
1. In a large pitcher, pour in the entire bottle of the wine. Add the sugar and stir together until the sugar is all dissolved.
2. Add the raspberries, peaches and mint leaves to the pitcher.
3. Put the pitcher in the refrigerator and allow for it to chill for around 2 to 4 hours.
4. When ready to serve, pour in the lemon lime soda and add the ice cubes. Stir gently with the wine until all of the ingredients are well mixed.