The day of the Big Game is quickly closing in on us this coming Sunday. For many of us, that can only mean one thing: it’s party time! We look forward to this time of year because it’s not only the biggest football showdown of the year but also the second largest food consumption day in America, following Thanksgiving. Classic party staples usually include crowd-pleasers such as chicken wings, chips and salsa, guacamole and of course, dip! This year, we firmly decree that all Big Game parties must include some form of dip. After all, what kind of party would it be without hot melted, ooey-gooey, cheesy dip?
When it comes to wowing your friends and family during the Big Game, you’re going to want to bring your A-game. Our Artichoke Garlic Dip is a delicious party recipe that’s sure to not fumble when impressing your guests. If you’re already familiar with making dip, you know that it’s super simple to throw together. For this recipe, we used our Steamed Artichoke Hearts. They’re vacuum-sealed to preserve their just-picked flavor and are a convenient way to enjoy to enjoy the best parts of the plant. Check out the rest of our Steamed Line for more healthy and convenient options.
Artichoke Garlic Dip
Yields: 4-5 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 1 package of Melissa’s Steamed Artichoke Hearts
- 6-7 cloves of Melissa’s Peeled Garlic, minced or 5-6 teaspoons of Melissa’s Minced Garlic
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups of mayonnaise
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- Dash of your favorite hot sauce
- Toasted baguette slices (store-bought or homemade), chips or crackers
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the softened cream cheese. Add the mayonnaise and continue beating until well-mixed and smooth.
3. Gently fold in artichokes, garlic, pepper, hot sauce and cheese. Reserve some of the cheese to the side.
4. Pour the mixture into a shallow baking dish about 1 inch high.
5. Top with the remaining cheese.
6. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
7. Broil for 3-5 minutes so that the cheese is browned and bubbly.
8. Serve with toasted baguette slices, chips or crackers.