When life gives you limes, make limeade. The summer heat continues well into the next couple of months, which means we can all appreciate a tasty libation or two. This recipe is a fun twist on your typical lemonade. While lemonade is great for the summer, there’s no harm in venturing out of the norm a little and showing those beautiful limes a little love. After all, they’re not just for garnish. The sweet and sour tartness of the juice makes an excellent drink when combined with fresh blueberries.
And if you’re looking to charm your guests at a party or house gathering, serve this in individual mason jars. Because everything tastes better in a mason jar, are we right?
Yields: 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup of freshly squeezed lime juice
- 6 cups of water
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- Lime slices
- Fresh herbs
1. Combine blueberries, lime juice, water and sugar and mix until thoroughly combined.
2. Pour into individual mason jars or glasses with ice.
3. Add lime slices and fresh herbs for garnish