On a hot summer day, this Fresh Kiwi Smoothie is the perfect drink to enjoy outdoors. Green juices and smoothies have been all the rage lately, and everyone is looking for creative ways to have their greens and eat it too. You may often see green smoothies incorporating apples and berries, but have you ever thought about using kiwi instead?
Different from most tropical fruits, kiwis are more mild tasting with hints of strawberry and banana flavors. Their lower sugar content at just 7 grams per fruit makes them ideal for those who want to incorporate a bit of sweetness in their green smoothies without going overboard with the berries and stone fruits, which often contain lots of sugar. And don’t be fooled by their small size–they are packed with nutrients and essential vitamins! This smoothie recipe allows this little green treasure to shine as a healthy treat and is great for when you’re on-the-go.
Yields: 1 Serving
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
1. Gather your ingredients and allow the avocado and bananas to ripen for a few days.
2. When the bananas are ripened and ready to eat, slice up your bananas and freeze them. For the avocado, slice it in half and chop it.
3. Peel and chop your kiwi.
4. Chop your kale into very fine pieces.
5. Combine your ingredients and place them in your blender. Add the vanilla yogurt.
6. Blend for around 30 seconds until the mixture is smooth and creamy. If the smoothie is too thick, you may add a little bit of water.
7. Enjoy now or place in the refrigerator to drink later!